|These are the first test version of the Savory Macaroons just with the topping mixed in. You can do it either way!|
Because on this website I promote healthy living through food and fun I want to share with you my faaavorite new recipe I crafted just for the fair (and I'm a little shocked it only placed 2nd, but oh well), Savory Chili-Lime Garlic Shrimp Macadamia Nut-Crusted Macaroons! These bad boys are packed full of good fats from the mac nuts, coconut and range eggs! They're not sweet so you can have them anytime and as many as you can eat without feeling guilty! The best part, aside from the fat-asticness, is the low-carb factor!
Savory Chili-Lime Garlic Shrimp Mac Nut-Crusted Macaroons
· 1 Cup Lightly Packed Freshly Shredded Coconut*
· 1 Medium Free-range Island-raised Egg*
· 2 Tablespoon Hawaiian Macadamia Nut Butter*
· 2 Tablespoon Finely-chopped Dried Shrimp
· 1 Tablespoon Organic Extra-Virgin Coconut Oil
· 1 Tablespoon Organic Coconut Flour
· 1/2 teaspoon Finely-ground Hawaiian Sea Salt*
· 1 Medium Clove Garlic, Crushed
· 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Lime Zest*
· Pinch hot chili pepper (to taste - optional)*
1. Mix all ingredients except coconut flour and chopped macadamia nuts.
2. Once well mixed, add coconut flour and mix well.
· 1/3 Cup finely chopped macadamia nuts* for rolling
3. Prepare spoon size balls and roll in chopped macadamia nuts.
4. Bake on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees F for 15-16 minutes.
5. Let cool and enjoy.
* Use local ingredients as first choice.
One more thing I wanna share with y'all a little trick I picked from Nora Gegaudas's Book Primal Body-Primal Mind up to help me kick those sugar cravings. A little supplement called L-Glutamine! You drink anywhere from 1/2 teaspoon -1 teaspoons (2,250-4,500mg) in a glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach. Do this every day and in about a week your cravings are bye bye! This also supposed to work for people with alcohol cravings as well because alcohol is a carbohydrate (an empty one, at that)!