|MMMMMmmmm so ONO!|
This week at the farm market I picked up some lovely eggplants, the big round dark purple kine 2 for $1! Yess! I used eggplant parmesan, bruccetta, and margharita pizza as an inspiration and created these lovely and satisfying mini pizzas!
- Eggplant large round variety (1 medium sized serves 2 people)*
- Organic Raw Coconut Oil
- Grass Fed Butter
- 1 Medium Clove Garlic
- Hawaiian Sea Salt finely ground*
- Organic Raw Milk Cheese
- Fresh Basil*
Kerrygold (all I use) is a great brand of grass-fed hormone-and-antibiotic-free butter that you can find at some of your local grocery stores and is well priced (for the quality!). Look for it at your grocery! They also make great cheeses! The general rule of thumb is do some brand/company research and find out if the cows are grass fed.
- Soften 1 Tablespoon of butter per person and mix with garlic and salt to taste.
- Slice the eggplant into 1/4-1/2 inch rounds and lightly fry/sautee in coconut oil until tender, but still firm.
- Remove from heat and melt the garlic butter on the top of the eggplant followed by the cheese sliced or diced tomatoes and finely chopped basil.
This was awesome! Fatty and satisfying, but without being heavy. We used forks and knives to eat these babies due to the thickness of the eggplants. Try it soon and I promise you'll love it!